2013

The Red-tailed Hawk family has succeed in having two eyas. Very hard to see them but I can hear them and see them flapping around high in the nest.

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Horrible Day at the Red Tailed Nest June 15, 2010

Between one eyas hitting the window, the female hitting the window, another eyas falling halfway down the tree (safely landed on a branch), 2 kestrels attacking the eyas and female - when I left all were alive and well. My heart went for a leap many times today - in fact I was crying on a friends shoulder when I was sure we had lost one eyas (and hard to believe I was only there for 2 hours).

The main thing is they are all ok and the 2nd flight for the middle eyas was tricky he was sitting up on the branch across the road cyring but ok. So I really need some relaxation medication if this keeps up.

Oldest eyas flight from nest to woodlot across the road. Successful and the youngest eyas watched on.




Oldest eyas in the tree beside nest

Female Red-Tailed Hawk and eyas across the street from the nest.